Presenting authors (oral/video abstracts and instructional courses) are required to be members of SEORL and register as participants to the Congress
General rules for all session types, except for posters (which have their own rules)
The formats accepted for delivery of presentations to the audiovisual department are the following:
- Any version of PowerPoint (PPT or PPTX). If the PPT/PPTX has associated videos, these must be delivered to the audiovisual department in the same folder.
- Windows Media Video
- Windows Media Audio or MP3
MAC computers, APPLE tablets:
- Users must hand in the HDMI adaptor.
- Only those computers having an HDMI output can be connected to the projection equipment located in the rooms.
- Computers with a single, VGA output cannot be connected. The presenter must go to the audiovisual room for a technician to download the presentation to the remote equipment. The technicians in each room will open the presentation remotely and the presenter will be able to manage his/her presentation easily using a remote control.
Presentations are managed from the audiovisual room, and it is necessary that presenters go to such room to avoid confusions. Thus, the coordinator will keep record of which presentations are launched via the server and which are not. This is important to keep the room technicians posted.
- Instruction courses will last 50 minutes.
- All directors wishing to participate in a course in the room where it is being given must be registered to the congress.
- Oral abstracts presentations will last 8 minutes plus a 2-minute discussion, and will be grouped in blocks.
- Oral presentations may use supporting audio-visual media. The author sending the presentation will be notified by email of the decision of the scientific committee.
- Video abstracts presentations will last 8 minutes plus a 2-minute discussion, and will be grouped in blocks.
- The author sending the presentation will be notified by email of the decision of the scientific committee.
- The presentations will last 10 minutes.
- There will be a special award and a diploma for the best one of them, based on its relevance, working hypothesis, and methodology.
- The designated members of the scientific committee will select five posters from all those sent to run for this award. Such five posters will participate in this session in oral presentation format.
- Authors will be communicated of inclusion of their posters in this session 15 days before the congress for them to have time to prepare their presentation.
- Posters will be exhibited in paper format, with a maximum size of 120×90 cm and portrait orientation.
- Each day of the congress, a limited number of posters will be exhibited.
- The scientific committee will select in situ the posters that must be defended and place a sign in the relevant panels. If your poster is not on the panel at the scheduled time, it will not be possible for the scientific committee to assess it for its defence.
- The author must come near his panel before the time of the defence to check whether he/she has been selected to defend the poster.
- If selected, the author must be by his/her poster at the time scheduled for its defence.
- Each author is responsible for removing its poster at the time indicated in the notification sent to him/her. Should the author fail to do so, the organization will remove and dispose of the posters not removed by their authors.
|Mounting of posters||08.00-17.00||09.00-10.00||08.00-09.00||08.00-09.00|
|Selection of posters to be defended (Scientific Committee)||17.00-19.00||10.00-12.00||09.00-11.00||09.00-11.00|
|Defence of posters||Friday 08.00-08.30||13.00-13.30||13.00-13.30||12.00-12.30|
|Time limit for poster removal||Friday 09.00||17.00||17.00||13.00|